Robert M. Loesch
Bob Loesch is a securities and corporate lawyer. He began his legal career as an attorney at the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Enforcement in New York City, where he prosecuted violations of the federal securities laws. Bob brings nearly two decades of experience counseling both public and private companies in connection with securities and corporate compliance matters, including mergers and acquisitions, SEC reporting, exchange listing rules, corporate governance, board and committee matters, securities offerings, proxy matters, investor relations, state corporate laws, executive compensation, and general commercial matters.
Bob maintains longstanding client relationships and often works with clients in an outside general counsel capacity. Bob’s understanding of their business goals allows him to work as a valued partner in achieving their business objectives. He frequently helps clients understand and implement policies and procedures as a result of SEC rules and regulations, including those mandated by the Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Act.
Upon leaving the SEC in 1995, Bob joined Baker Hostetler in Cleveland where he was a securities and corporate lawyer and a partner for 10 years. Bob joined Tucker Ellis in 2011.
Bob also serves a New York Stock Exchange-listed commercial vehicle and automotive parts supplier client as its Corporate Secretary.
Bob and his wife are the proud parents of two sets of twins, ages 13 and 9. In his spare time, Bob is active in the community and enjoys coaching kids’ sports, playing golf, and supporting Cleveland’s long-suffering sports teams.
- Represented Morgan’s Foods, Inc. (MRFD:OTCBB), the owner and operator of 68 KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut Express franchises, in its $20.6-million public company merger sale to Apex Restaurant Management, Inc., one of the largest franchise organizations of Yum! Brands and Long John Silver’s
- Represented public manufacturing company in a $95-million secondary underwritten offering of common equity securities
- Represented public manufacturing company in the acquisition of majority interest of a Brazilian subsidiary
- Represented public restaurant company in a PIPE transaction with an institutional investor
- Represented a Brazilian company in a joint venture investment into a U.S. technology firm in the training and workplace performance area
- Represented public mercury removal technology company in a series of exempt private placements of both equity and debt securities
- Represented wind energy company in the acquisition of a complementary line of business
- Represents public companies with ongoing advice regarding corporate and securities law compliance
Civic & Professional Involvement
- Catholic Charities Corporation, Board of Directors
- City of Westlake, Ohio, Recreation Committee Member
- The Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals
- American Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- "Institutional Investor Activism" (panelist), 2013 RR Donnelley SEC Hot Topics Institute, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2013)
- "Succession Planning for Executives and Directors of Public Companies" (moderator), Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals (Ohio Chapter), Cleveland, Ohio (October 2013)
- "Dodd-Frank Updates (Conflict Minerals et al.)" (panelist), 2012 RR Donnelly SEC Hot Topics Institute, Cleveland, Ohio (December 2012)
- "M&A in 2012: Hot Topics and Market Trends," Association of Corporate Counsel, Northeast Ohio Chapter, Cleveland, Ohio (April 2012)
- "Dodd-Frank, Whistleblower Regulations; Dodd-Frank, Selected Provisions" (panelist), 2011 RR Donnelley SEC Hot Topics Institute, Cleveland, Ohio (December 2011)
- "Proxy Developments" (moderator) Bowne’s SEC Updated Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2010)
- "Proxy Developments" (moderator), Bowne’s SEC Updates Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2009)
- "Proxy Developments & Unfinished Agenda of Chairman Cox" (moderator), Bowne’s SEC Updates Seminar Cleveland, Ohio (November 2008)
- "Proxy/e-Proxy" (moderator), Bowne’s SEC Updates Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2007)
- "Securities Litigation Updates" (moderator), Bowne’s SEC Updates Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2006)
- "Recent Developments – SOX Section 404 Developments, PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 2," CMBA Annual Securities Law Institute (March 2006)
- "Form 8-K Disclosures" (moderator), Bowne’s SEC Updates Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (October 2005)
- "Shareholder Communications during the Offering Process and Other 1933 Act Initiatives," CMBA Annual Securities Law Institute (March 2005)
- "New Proxy Rules and Shareholder Access, Proposed Rules on Shareholder Nominations," CMBA Annual Securities Law Institute (February 2004)
- "Sales by Insiders and Affiliates: Rule 144, Rule 10b5-1, Plans and Registered Resales," CMBA Annual Securities Law Institute (February 2002)
View as PDF