Robert M. Loesch
Bob Loesch is a Partner in the Cleveland office of Tucker Ellis, focusing his practice on corporate and securities laws. He has broad experience representing public and private companies in connection with mergers & acquisitions, SEC reporting, NYSE and NASDAQ rules, corporate governance, board and committee matters, securities offerings, proxy solicitations, investor relations, state corporate laws, executive compensation, and general commercial matters.
Bob frequently works with clients to understand and implement policies and procedures as a result of rules and regulations of the SEC, including rules mandated by the Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Prior to joining Tucker Ellis, Bob was a partner in the Cleveland office of a large law firm and began his legal career as staff attorney in the Northeast Regional Office (NYC) of the SEC’s Division of Enforcement, where he investigated and prosecuted securities fraud and other violations of federal securities laws.
Bob is also the Corporate Secretary of a New York Stock Exchange listed commercial vehicle and automotive parts supplier.
Bob and his wife are the proud parents of two sets of twins (ages 12 and 9). In his spare time, Bob enjoys coaching kids’ sports, golf and Cleveland’s suffering sports teams. Bob serves on the City of Westlake Recreation Commission and on the Board of Directors of Catholic Charities Corporation.
Bob has been a frequent speaker at the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Annual Securities Law Institute and Bowne’s Annual SEC Issues Update Seminar:
- “Dodd-Frank Updates (Conflict Minerals et al.),” (panelist) 2012 RR Donnelly SEC Hot Topics Institute, Cleveland, Ohio (December 2012)
- “M&A in 2012: Hot Topics and Market Trends,” Association of Corporate Counsel, Northeast Ohio Chapter, Cleveland, Ohio (April 2012)
- “Dodd-Frank, Whistleblower Regulations; Dodd-Frank, Selected Provisions,” (panelist) 2011 RR Donnelley SEC Hot Topics Institute, Cleveland, Ohio (December 2011)
- “Proxy Developments,” (moderator) Bowne’s SEC Updated Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2010)
- “Proxy Developments,” (moderator) Bowne’s SEC Updates Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2009)
- “Proxy Developments & Unfinished Agenda of Chairman Cox,” (moderator) Bowne’s SEC Updates Seminar Cleveland, Ohio (November 2008)
- “Proxy/e-Proxy”(moderator), Bowne’s SEC Updates Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2007)
- “Securities Litigation Updates,” (moderator) Bowne’s SEC Updates Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2006)
- “Recent Developments – SOX Section 404 Developments, PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 2,” CMBA Annual Securities Law Institute (March 2006)
- “Form 8-K Disclosures,” (moderator) Bowne’s SEC Updates Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (October 2005)
- “Shareholder Communications during the Offering Process and Other 1933 Act Initiatives,” CMBA Annual Securities Law Institute (March 2005)
- “New Proxy Rules and Shareholder Access, Proposed Rules on Shareholder Nominations,” CMBA Annual Securities Law Institute (February 2004)
- “Sales by Insiders and Affiliates: Rule 144, Rule 10b5-1, Plans and Registered Resales,” CMBA Annual Securities Law Institute (February 2002)
- “Recent Developments,” CMBA Annual Securities Law Institute (February 1997)
- “Regulation S Offshore Offerings,” CMBA Annual Securities Law Institute (February 1996)
Civic & Professional Involvement
American Bar Association
Catholic Charities Corporation
Board of Directors
City of Westlake, Ohio
Recreation Committee Member
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
The Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals
View as PDF