Ndubisi Ezeolu is an experienced litigator who focuses his practice on representing and advising businesses, municipalities and public entities in trial and appellate courts and before government agencies.
Bisi has considerable experience representing and advising companies and their executives on a broad range of employment law issues involving alleged discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage-and-hour violations, and protection of trade secrets. He also has represented title insurance companies, real estate lenders, banks, and other financial institutions in lawsuits involving mortgage banking, fraudulent transfers, forgery, identity theft, and loan fraud.
Bisi devotes a significant amount of time to serving the community. He has provided pro bono services for homeowners in financial trouble and served on the board of directors for Kids Included Together, a non-profit organization committed to including children with disabilities into recreational, child development, and youth development programs.
Bisi and his wife Marisa live in Altadena. In his spare time, he is an avid sports fan who enjoys both playing sports and rooting for his favorite teams.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 2007); Order of Barristers; William E. Davis Mock Trial Prize; Dean Dunmore Moot Court Competition Distinguished Advocate Award
- Tufts University (B.A., 2003)
- State Admissions
- California, 2008
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- Obtained defense verdict after jury trial for community college district in discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and unfair business practices matter
- Defended real property management company in executive compensation, wage-and-hour, discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination matter
- Defeated class certification for restaurant group in a wage and hour class action alleging claims for off-the-clock work, unpaid wages, unpaid overtime, and missed meal and rest breaks
- Obtained verdict after bench trial in quiet title and declaratory relief matter involving loan fraud
- Successfully defended leading title insurance company in one of the first breach of contract and bad faith cases in California involving an international policy of title insurance
- Counseled public and private clients on ways to avoid or mitigate issues arising in the workplace, including issues relating to the protection of trade secrets, employee mobility, hiring and termination, wage-and-hour compliance, worker classification, leaves of absence, and reductions in force
- “INSIGHT: California Employers Get Break as State Court Scales Back PAGA Civil Penalties,” Bloomberg Law (October 2019)
- “Federal Jury Clears Leading Homeopathic Flu Remedy Manufacturer in Class Action Trial,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (June 2016)
- “‘Evaporated Cane Juice’ – FDA Releases Final Guidance Critical of the Term,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (May 2016)
- “Congress Loses Its COOL, Repeals Meat Labeling Rule,” Law360 (February 2016)
- “FDA Warning Letters Target Internet Testimonials,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (January 2016)
- “For the COOL – Congress Repeals Country-of-Origin Labeling Rule for Beef and Pork,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (December 2015)
- “Federal Jury Clears Producer, Marketer, and Seller of Homeopathic Products in $255M Class Action Trial,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (September 2015)
- “Mentors v. Sponsors,” Norman S. Minor Bar Association 5th Annual Law Student Summit for Success (November 2020)
- “Consistently Interrupting Systemic Bias in the Workplace,” Moderator, 2020 In-House Counsel Summit Webinar, Tucker Ellis LLP (September 2020)
- The BTI Client Service All-Stars 2020, BTI Consulting Group (2020)
- Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers, Daily Journal (2019)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Kids Included Together, Board Member (2011-2017)