Bakita Hill advises clients in a variety of transactional matters, including corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate due diligence, and corporate reorganization.
Bakita is experienced in analyzing laws and regulations that are critical to transactions. Through her analysis, she is able to determine what provisions will affect a particular transaction. She uses her analytical skills and a keen attention to detail to draft legal documents, including ancillary transaction agreements, license agreements, disclosure schedules, operating agreements, distribution agreements, promissory notes, and asset purchase agreements. She assists clients in managing their businesses, including filing documents with the Secretary of State and IRS, creating business plans, and drafting loan documents. Bakita’s goal in every transaction is to provide superior, efficient service to help clients achieve and maintain their goals.
While in law school, Bakita was a legal intern for a multinational power management company, where she gained valuable experience drafting non-disclosure agreements for potential mergers and acquisitions with companies around the world.
In her free time, Bakita enjoys traveling, listening to music, experimenting with new recipes, doing home projects, and spending time with her family. She is the youngest of five and enjoys being an aunt to three nieces and one nephew.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2021); CALI Excellence for the Future High A Award for Civil Procedure and Medical Devices; Moot Court Team; Black Law Students Association, Corresponding Secretary; Entertainment and Sports Law Association, Entertainment Chair; Great Lakes Sports & Entertainment Law Academy Graduate
- Kent State University (B.A. in Paralegal Studies, magna cum laude, 2017)
- Lorain County Community College (Associate of Arts, 2015)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2021
- Texas, 2022
- Advised a lender located outside of the United States in financing and securing assets worth $4.1 million
- Advised a seller in the sale of a manufacturing business, intellectual property, equipment, and real estate for total consideration of $2 million
- Advised a broker/dealer client on compliance matters for investment management
- Represented a client in the filing of Form ADV and Form D with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Assisted a buyer in the purchase of a 25-unit apartment complex for total consideration of $1.15 million
- Represented a buyer in the purchase of a trucking company operating in multiple states worth over $1 million
- Advised a private equity fund on the registration of securities with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Represented clients in investment fund formation
- Represented various for-profit entities in the formation and structure of an entity
- Represented an international manufacturing company in the merger of 10 entities
- “Biden Administration Seeks ‘Robust Consideration of Evolving National Security Risks,’” Westlaw Today (October 2022)
- “CFIUS Report Offers Valuable Lessons for Foreign Investors,” Bloomberg Law (September 2022)
- “A Law Student’s Prospective: Digital Roundtable,” Entertainment and Sports Lawyer, American Bar Association (Winter 2020)
- “A Law Student’s Perspective: Sports and Entertainment General Counsels,” Entertainment and Sports Lawyer, American Bar Association (Winter 2020)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Norman S. Minor Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Lorain County Bar
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Graduate Bar Exam Mentorship Program, Mentor