Dorothy Swagler joins our Junior Attorney Corps with a focus on corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial finance.
With a keen eye for detail and strong analytical skills, Dorothy is well versed in various aspects of dealmaking and corporate governance. She excels in corporate diligence and is proficient in drafting, negotiating, and closing both secured and unsecured transactions. Dorothy’s experience extends to the preparation of a wide range of legal documents, including operating agreements, promissory notes, purchase agreements, disclosure schedules, officer certificates, and ancillary transactional agreements. She assists clients in financing and managing their businesses, including filing essential documents with the Secretary of State and IRS, crafting comprehensive business plans, and drafting loan documents. Dorothy’s passion for relationship building allows her to quickly understand clients’ businesses and to efficiently solve their problems.
During law school, Dorothy worked as both a law clerk and summer associate at Tucker Ellis, where she gained experience in dealmaking. She also gained critical insight working in the Transactional Clinic at Cleveland State University College of Law, where she helped local nonprofits navigate the Small Business Administration to have their PPP loans forgiven. Dorothy also served as an Academic Excellence Program Fellow, assisting first-year law students in developing essential skills necessary to succeed academically. Her strong work ethic and commitment to serving others translates into serving clients.
Dorothy is an avid supporter of the National Parks and the Cleveland Metro Parks. When she is not enjoying the great outdoors, she loves reading all things fiction, cooking up new recipes, admiring the art museum, and spending time with family, friends, and her two cats.
- Cleveland State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2023); Dean's Leadership Fellow; Academic Excellence Program Fellow; Business and Technology Executive Editor, Global Business Law Review; Sidney A. Levine Award for Best Student Note; President and Founder, Catholic Lawyers Guild; Vice President, Women’s Law Student Association
- John Carroll University (B.A. in political science, magna cum laude, 2020) Presidential Scholarship; Kathleen L. Barber Scholastic Achievement Award; Pi Sigma Alpha (National Political Science Honor Society); President, Ohio Innocence Project-University Level)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2023
- “SEC Adopts New Rules Requiring Investment Advisers to Private Funds to Make Certain Disclosures and Avoid Certain Practices,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (September 2023)
- “Force Majeure Clauses at the Age of COVID-19: How Should Courts Interpret Them and Why a Conservative Application Is Necessary,” Global Business Law Review (December 2022)
- “It’s (Always) a Wonderful Deal Market!” Tucker Ellis In-House Counsel Summit (October 2023)
- “Changes at the Chancery: A 2022 Delaware Case Law Update” and “Evolution of the Securities Rules and Regulation,” Tucker Ellis Business Law Institute (January 2023)
- Asian American Bar Association of Ohio
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Growth, Cleveland Chapter
- Young Lawyers Theatre Collective
- Cleveland State University Law School Alumni Association
- Alpha Sigma Nu, the National Honor Society of Jesuit Universities
- Honduras Medical Immersion, Data Scientist (2019)
- Ecuador Immersion, Participant (2018)