Ryan Boggs assists clients in IP development, procurement, and protection and counsels them on issues to make strategic use of their intellectual property.
Ryan handles all aspects of patent and trademark preparation and prosecution. In patent matters, he has experience drafting provisional and non-provisional patent applications, communicating with the USPTO to achieve allowances, and managing local agents in international patent proceedings. In trademark matters, Ryan has experience preparing applications, communicating with the USPTO to achieve allowances, and drafting cease and desist letters in trademark infringement matters.
Ryan also has experience performing technological research and prior art searching. He uses the results to evaluate the patentability of subject matter and to analyze infringement or non-infringement as part of a broader initiative to help clients develop an effective intellectual property strategy.
After obtaining an undergraduate degree in chemistry, Ryan entered law school, where he focused on intellectual property law. Following law school, to deepen his IP focus, he earned bachelor’s degrees in both electrical engineering and computer science and engineering. As a result, Ryan has the education and experience necessary to draft and prosecute U.S. patent applications in a variety of technologies, including electrical engineering, computer science engineering, electro-mechanical systems, chemical sciences, photovoltaic technologies, medical devices, and medical imaging.
In his free time, Ryan is an avid fisherman and, weather permitting, can be found outdoors casting a line.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 2012)
- The University of Toledo (B.S. in Electrical Engineering, 2017; B.S. in Computer Science & Engineering, 2017); Norma H. Richards Engineering Scholarship; Max P. Gottfried Scholarship
- Miami University (B.A., Chemistry, 2008)
- State Admissions
- Illinois, 2012
- Federal Admissions
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- Toledo Intellectual Property Law Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association