Jeffrey Sandler defends clients in tort litigation with an emphasis on product liability and toxic tort matters.
Jeff joined Tucker Ellis after serving for five years as assistant general counsel of a $17-billion international industrial and manufacturing company. There, he was responsible for all aspects of litigation management for North American claims against all product lines, with a primary emphasis on product liability (including asbestos) and additional responsibility for all other torts, including automobile, premises liability, and property damage claim and suits, as well as commercial and insurance matters. Jeff played an integral part in achieving a greater than 20% reduction in indemnity and defense costs through various strategies and the creation of standard work processes.
Jeff’s experience as an in-house counsel gives him a unique understanding of what clients look for in their outside counsel and how to create efficiencies to streamline legal work through standard work processes, lean staffing, and team building.
Before working as an in-house counsel, Jeff was a partner at a mid-size law firm in Chicago, where he served as Midwest regional coordinating and trial counsel and on a national strategy team for a prominent group of asbestos defendants. In this role, he obtained dismissals in each and every case (in excess of 800 cases) without payment.
Away from work, you can find Jeff and his family on the ice. Jeff plays ice hockey whenever he can, and when not playing, he can be found coaching or watching his two sons play travel hockey. His wife, probably the best skater in the family, has recently returned to teaching figure and power skating.
- The John Marshall Law School (J.D., 1993); The John Marshall Law Review, Executive Board Member; Scribes Society for Excellence in Legal Writing
- University of Illinois (B.A., 1990)
- State Admissions
- Illinois, 1993
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Service Areas
- Mass Tort & Product Liability
- Industries Represented
- Architectural & Engineering Firms
- Food Manufacturing
- Real Estate
- Obtained affirmation of summary judgment in favor of the Chicago Water Reclamation District based on Illinois Tort Immunity Act’s applicability to the supervision of construction projects
- Prejudgment Interest in Personal Injury Claims: A Proposal for the Illinois General Assembly, 25 J. Marshall L. Rev. 595 (1992)
- The BTI Client Service All-Stars 2020, BTI Consulting Group (2020)
- Illinois Super Lawyers® (2009)
- Defense Research Institute
- Charlotte Jr. Checkers, former ice hockey coach
- Village of Northbrook
- Plan Commission
- Northbrook Bluehawks, former ice hockey coach