Jack Goldwood concentrates his practice on the defense of corporations in mass tort and toxic tort litigation.
He defends clients in both national and local counsel capacities, in state and federal courts, throughout the United States. He also defends product liability and construction cases and has litigated and tried maritime cases.
Jack represents manufacturers and suppliers of a variety of products, including HVAC equipment, control valves, steam traps, pumps, electrical motor controls, plaster, talc, commercial roofing, protective clothing, gaskets and packing, boilers, brakes, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals.
Before joining Tucker Ellis, Jack served as a judicial staff attorney for the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas. Previously, he worked for an international manufacturer of motion and control technologies and one of the nation’s largest insurance companies.
Jack and his wife Erin are the proud parents of three young daughters and a Vizsla. Jack is a collector of music and movies, and enjoys running.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- University of Michigan (B.A., with distinction, 1993)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 1998
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2009)
- Towards Employment (Cleveland nonprofit organization)
- President of the Board of Directors
- University of Michigan Alumni Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association