Smart ideas need shatterproof protection
Tucker Ellis intellectual property attorneys advise some of the most technologically advanced universities, schools, and institutions operating today. From lifesaving medical devices to innovative consumer products that shape our daily routines, our clients trust us to make the most of their technology, research, and IP investments.
We start at the very beginning by identifying where opportunities exist so that we can assist our clients with setting up programs to mine and prioritize such opportunities. Our clients rely on our counsel to suggest new ways to leverage their existing technology, business strategies to increase profits through strategic acquisitions or dispositions of technology, creative pricing and licensing models, and how to position their technology for long-term success. Using this nuanced approach, Tucker Ellis closes millions of dollars in technology transactions each year for clients ranging from emerging growth companies to some of the largest technology providers in the world.
Our technology transfer team combines expertise across the spectrum of our service areas to ensure that our clients achieve their technology and business goals – including assisting with the IP harvesting and review processes; evaluating research and development programs; drafting and reviewing agreements for licenses, employment, manufacturing, and supply; and performing IP and technology due diligence.
Areas of Emphasis
- IP portfolio management, including filings, reporting, maintenance, and renewal
- IP review creation/participation to capture and rank innovations/research
- Research and development program evaluation to mine IP
- IP review process examination to ensure no leaks
- Maintenance and review of employee agreements for ownership of IP validation
- Conduct IP harvest sessions to enter new markets or stimulate IP growth
- Conduct landscape searches and opinions on IP protection strategies
- Agreement drafting and review for licenses, employment, manufacturing, and supply
- Intellectual property and technology due diligence
- Joint ventures, joint development agreements, and strategic alliances
- IP ownership evaluation and consultation
- Medical, biomedical, software, and mechanical/electrical technology specialists that can assist with technology transfer needs in such areas
- Website, digital content, and eBook legal counseling
- Foreign technology ventures
- Patent risk assessment
- Foreign IP management and strategy