Michael Choi uses persuasive writing and oral advocacy to obtain favorable results for clients in complex litigation matters with an emphasis on product liability and mass tort.
Michael has a keen ability to uncover, analyze, and apply key facts to defend clients in both product and commercial litigation. He is well known for his ability to quickly grasp product manufacturing, uses, and labeling, as well as engineering and plant operations, making him an invaluable member of our client teams.
Michael has experience at every stage of litigation up to trial – from initial pleadings, removal, and motions to dismiss to offensive and defensive discovery and motion practice – as well as settlement negotiations. Michael’s holistic approach weaves critical facts and legal analysis together, providing unique perspectives and benefiting all phases of the case.
Away from work, Michael is an avid rock climber and enjoys running half marathons and Spartan Races.
- University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 2018); USF Law Review, Symposium and Comments Editor
- University of California, Berkeley (B.S., 2014)
- State Admissions
- California, 2018
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- Korean (native fluency)
- “Unpacking the ‘Skittles Ban’,” American Bar Association, Products Liability Committee News (Spring 2023)
- The Likelihood of Exclusion: Economic Disparity in the United States Trademark System, 100 J. PAT. & TRADEMARK OFF. SOC’Y 599 (2019), republished in Intellectual Property Law Review, Thomson Reuters (2020)
- Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2021–2023)
- Asian American Bar Association
- Korean American Bar Association of Northern California