Dylan Boyd uses his strong writing and analytical skills to support the Tucker Ellis Trial Department in all stages of litigation across practice areas.
While in law school, Dylan served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Daniel L. Schmidt, Illinois Appellate Court, Third District. In this position, Dylan prepared bench memoranda and drafts of orders after reviewing appellate briefs and trial records. As a Tucker Ellis Summer Associate, he assisted in deposition preparation and the discovery process, and he completed many research projects to help resolve problems faced by clients. Dylan also gained experience at a local firm as a law clerk, where he often assisted in the administration of mediations. These varied experiences helped him to hone his skills in writing and problem solving, which he uses on a daily basis to assist clients in litigation.
Before law school, Dylan worked as a claims analyst for an insurance company in the area of fully insured and self-funded employee benefit health plans. In that role, he served as the first point of contact for small-business clients and their employees in the implementation of cost-saving health benefit plans. Dylan credits this experience with helping him realize how much he values being of service to clients and helping them resolve issues.
In his free time, Dylan enjoys playing golf, watching sports, going to concerts, and taking snowboard trips with friends.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2021); Southern Illinois University Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief, Best Student Note; Order of Barristers; Moot Court Board Member, ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition Team, Intramural Competition Champion; Academic Honors Program
- Illinois State University (B.S. in Economics, 2014)
- State Admissions
- Missouri, 2021
- “Illinois Cannabis: Lost in the Weeds Without Access to Insurance and Banking Services,” 45 S. Ill. U. L.J. 115 (Fall 2020)
- The Missouri Bar
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Buddy Fund, Young Leaders Committee
- Southern Illinois University School of Law Moot Court Program, Volunteer Judge