Art Bernstein is Chief Operating Officer at Tucker Ellis LLP.
Art initiates and directs the implementation of firm financial, operational, and administrative policies and establishes procedures to ensure that all professional and administrative support activities run efficiently and effectively.
Before joining Tucker Ellis, Art spent 17 years as executive director at Hopkins & Carley in San Jose, California. He is also a former director of the Office of Financial Planning & Analysis at the State Bar of California in San Francisco.
Outside of his role in law firm management, Art is an active Boy Scout Leader and Eagle Scout, where he has had the opportunity to join tens of thousands of Scouts at international Jamborees. He is also a numismatist and enjoys sharing stories of his coin and banknotes collections.
- Southampton Solent University (M.Sc. in International Politics, 1979); Rotary International Foundation Graduate Fellowship
- University of Virginia (M.A. in Public Administration, 1978)
- San Diego State University (B.A. in Public Administration, with high honors, 1977)
- “Moving In,” Downtown Cleveland Alliance’s Downtown Digs (2017)
- “Hey Graduate, Now What? Here Are Tips to Get Hired,” Cleveland Jewish News (January 2017)
- United States Mint
- Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee
- Boy Scouts of America
- Eagle Scout
- Silver Beaver Award recipient
- Scout Leader and Executive Board Member, Lake Erie Council
- Association of Legal Administrators
- 2021 Annual Conference & Expo Planning Committee, Large Firm Administrators Caucus
- State Bar of California
- Commission on Judicial Nominee Evaluation, Public Member
- Flats Forward Neighborhood Association
- Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- San Jose Downtown Association
- Past President