Motunrayo D. (M.D.) Akinmurele is a skilled trial and appellate attorney who represents individual and commercial clients in complex civil litigation disputes.
From inception to conclusion, M.D. provides diligent and creative representation to achieve each client’s unique goals.
M.D.’s practice focuses primarily on litigating real property matters, most significantly, as they relate to title disputes and title insurance coverage. M.D. regularly works with title companies, title insurance companies, escrow companies, lenders, and commercial and residential property owners. She also represents trustees and creditors in chapter 7, chapter 11, and chapter 13 bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings.
Through her excellent attention to detail and superior analytical skills, M.D. has obtained significant victories for our clients.
M.D.’s top priority is being a zealous advocate for clients, and, although she has extensive trial and appellate experience, she also recognizes the importance of using her exceptional negotiation skills in obtaining prompt results for clients. She is not afraid to roll-up her sleeves and tackle challenging legal issues and in fact welcomes them.
In her free time, M.D. enjoys spending time with her husband and two children and always makes time to practice hot yoga.
- The University of Chicago, The Law School (J.D., 2013)
- University of California, Irvine (B.A. in Political Science, magna cum laude, 2008)
- State Admissions
- California, 2014
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Represented a nationwide financial lender in a lien priority dispute relating to its $1 million deed of trust on real property located in Beverly Hills, California
- Obtained a significant victory at arbitration for a national title insurance company relating to the scope of coverage and alleged bad-faith conduct under the title insurance policy
- “Top 10 Real Estate Cases of 2021,” Los Angeles County Bar Association (December 2021)
- “Top 10 Title Insurance Cases of 2021,” Los Angeles County Bar Association (October 2021)
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Real Property, Title Insurance Subsection, Chair (2018–2019)
- Title Insurance Steering Committee (2017–present)
- The James T. King Bankruptcy Inn of Court (2019–2021)