Faustina Lee works closely with innovators and entrepreneurs to strategically secure and protect intellectual property rights.
Her versatility as an intellectual property attorney allows her to bring a holistic approach to developing a customized intellectual property strategy in collaboration with each client that she works with.
Faustina supports brand owners in their brand protection efforts in the U.S. and abroad, by providing counseling on selection and clearance of trademarks, prosecution of trademark applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, management of global trademark portfolios, and analysis of trademark enforcement issues.
Additionally, Faustina has wide-ranging experience in resolving Internet law matters involving domain name disputes and takedown of infringing material from e‑commerce sites, as well as obtaining and enforcing rights in creative designs and original content under applicable copyright laws.
With a background in electrical engineering, Faustina has also assisted technology companies with patentability analysis, patent procurement, and patent infringement matters. She regularly counsels clients regarding utility and design patent protection in the U.S. and abroad.
Faustina also serves as a guest lecturer and resource on intellectual property topics at Loyola Marymount University, the University of Southern California, and various local business incubators.
When not in the office, Faustina enjoys traveling with family, reading, and experimenting with new recipes in her kitchen.
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law (J.D., 2010); National Moot Court Team, Top Ten Oralist; Moot Court Honors Program, Semifinalist; Intellectual Property & Technology Law Society, President
- Loyola Marymount University (B.S. in Electrical Engineering, cum laude, 2006); Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honors Society
- State Admissions
- California, 2010
- Federal Admissions
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Counseled a software development startup on developing an intellectual property strategy to fit their business objectives and budget
- Prepared and prosecuted patent applications covering dynamic streaming of media content via an interactive media application
- Provided patent prosecution relating to electronic display systems for a multinational electronics and appliances conglomerate
- Prepared and prosecuted patent applications relating to contact center interaction management for a major telecommunications company
- Counseled a medical device manufacturer on non-infringement of patents owned by third parties
- Managed a portfolio of international trademarks for a global manufacturer and distributor of office supply products
- Achieved takedown of infringing content from numerous e-commerce websites selling counterfeit goods
- Assisted a restaurant chain with selecting and clearing names for a new restaurant
- Secured copyright protection for a company’s retail website and related content
- Advised a global fashion retailer regarding strategy for acquisition of domain names registered by unauthorized third parties
- Successfully represented client in an international domain name dispute, resulting in a decision in the client’s favor
- “Protecting Your Intellectual Property and Business from Copycat Competitors,” Webinar, Loyola Marymount University (February 2022)
- “Beauty Trademarks: Building a Strong Foundation,” Credo for Change, Credo Beauty (November 2020)