Ariana Bernard works on a variety of matters within the Tucker Ellis Trial Department, including individual cases, multidistrict litigation, and class action litigation.
Ariana assists with overall case strategy, including the design and coordination of offensive and defensive discovery tactics, motion practice, depositions, and alternative dispute resolution. Her practice includes a focus on employment litigation, defending employers in a wide variety of employment cases, including FLSA collective actions and wage and hour class actions. She also is part of a Tucker Ellis team of attorneys that serves as national counsel in motor vehicle accident and premises liability litigation for two Fortune 300 companies.
During college, Ariana honed her communications skills as station manager for The Ohio State University’s Lantern TV. In interviewing high-profile personnel, covering major news events – including the 2016 Presidential Election – and producing daily and weekly television shows, she learned to manage tight deadlines, prioritize competing assignments, communicate and collaborate under pressure, and effectively speak to the public. She brings these important skills to her practice today, working efficiently and with determination to deliver her best work in every engagement.
In her free time, Ariana enjoys cheering on Cleveland/Ohio State sports teams, investigating the best food spots, and staying active with her corgi, Rambo.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2020); Ohio State Business Law Journal, Staff Editor; Sports and Entertainment Law Association, Vice President; Lawrence Negotiation Competition, First Place
- The Ohio State University (B.A. in Journalism and Strategic Communication, magna cum laude, 2017); SPJ Mark of Excellence Awards: 2nd for Best All-Around TV Newscast and 3rd for Breaking News
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2020
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Service Areas
- Business Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Succeeded in obtaining a wrongful death case dismissal on a motion to dismiss, based on novel procedural issues relating to statute of limitations, statute of repose, Ohio’s savings statute, and federal and state procedure interaction
- “Best Hiring Practices: Navigating Changes in the Legal Landscape and Technology,” Hot Topics in Employment Law, Tucker Ellis LLP (April 2023)
- “Disability Inclusion,” Lorman Webinar (December 2022)
- “EEOC Issues Guidance for Use of AI in Employment Selection,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (May 2023)
- “Rise of the Machines,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal (May 2023)
- “NLRB General Counsel Issues Guidance on Decision Ruling Overly Broad Non-Disparagement and Confidentiality Provisions in Severance Agreements Violate Federal Law,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (March 2023)
- “2023 Omnibus Spending Bill Includes New Protections for Pregnant or Nursing Mothers,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (January 2023)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association