Bill Stavole is a trial lawyer with broad experience in all aspects of business litigation and creditors rights.
Bill has handled all types of business disputes, including those among partners and shareholders. As part of his litigation practice, he also handles cases in the areas of probate, real estate, construction, and securities law.
Bill has represented receivers, secured creditors, privately held companies, equipment lessors, landlords, general creditors, and debtors in connection with bankruptcy and commercial law matters, including receiverships, foreclosures, workouts, business reorganizations, restructurings, and secured transactions. He represents lenders with respect to their interests in all types of collateral, including multi-family housing, floor plan financing, agricultural loans, asset-based loans, and equipment financing. Bill has particular experience in distressed real estate matters and often counsels clients on planning, managing, and better protecting their companies when growing relationships with customers and suppliers.
As a highly competitive individual, Bill is always looking to deliver the best deal possible for Tucker Ellis clients, and he enjoys discovering what that means from the client’s perspective. Working with clients to achieve their objectives becomes Bill’s primary strategic goal in any business litigation or loan workout/creditors rights matter.
Bill has also been involved in all aspects of probate litigation. He handles complex probate litigation matters pertaining to wills, trusts, and guardianships, including claims involving breach of fiduciary duties by a trustee or executor.
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1988); Order of the Coif
- Kenyon College (B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 1985)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 1988
- Federal Admissions
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court, Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio Super Lawyers® (2011–2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America® (2018–2023)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rating
- Leading Lawyers, Inside Business Magazine (2006–2010)
- National Association of Federal Equity Receivers
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Laurel School Strategic Planning Committee, Former Member