Nathan Lovette focuses on intellectual property law, with an emphasis on the preparation, prosecution, and enforcement of utility patents, design patents, and trademarks.
Nate routinely handles the prosecution of both national and international patent applications in the electrical and mechanical arts, as well as the management of sophisticated IP portfolios. He also applies his engineering background when preparing patentability, patent validity, freedom to operate, and non-infringement opinions.
As part of his trademark practice, Nate counsels clients on protection strategies. He handles clearance searches and corresponding opinions, as well as the preparation, prosecution, and enforcement of trademark registrations. He also prepares and files trademark and copyright takedown notices for on-line infringement scenarios.
Before joining Tucker Ellis, Nate worked for four years in the industrial automation industry at a mid-sized control systems integration company in the Cleveland area. As an electrical engineer, he was responsible for managing a team of engineers to design and implement high-performance control systems for a wide variety of industries.
In his free time, Nate enjoys running, snowboarding, hiking, and spending time outdoors.
- Cleveland State University College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2020); Cleveland State Law Review, Online Articles Editor; Student Intellectual Property Law Association, President; CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in 10 subjects, including Copyright, Patent, & Trademark Law, Patent Prosecution, and Patent Law & Practice; ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in Intellectual Property Law 2019
- The Pennsylvania State University (B.S., Electrical Engineering, 2013)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2020
- Federal Admissions
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Section
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association