Michael Anderton is a trial lawyer who defends companies in a broad range of critical litigation and related matters.
Michael defends pharmaceutical and medical device companies in product liability litigation, including state-coordinated and federal multi-district litigation throughout the country. He also has extensive experience representing many different types of businesses – service providers, real estate investment firms, and a broad spectrum of manufacturing businesses, and public sector offices and agencies – in business litigation, employment litigation, and traditional labor law matters and related litigation.
Michael has significant experience directing and managing all aspects of collecting, assessing, and producing documents and Electronically Stored Information in large, complex litigation, including considerable experience managing large teams of attorneys and third-party vendors.
Michael has tried cases in federal and state courts in Ohio. He has negotiated dozens of collective bargaining agreements and arbitrated dozens of cases on behalf of private sector and public sector labor clients. In addition, Michael has extensive experience mediating cases in federal and state court and before the EEOC, Ohio Civil Rights Commission, and other administrative agencies.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- Miami University (B.S., 1990)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 1993
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Service Areas
- Life Sciences Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Health & Life Sciences
- Industries Represented
- Civic Organizations
- Colleges & Universities
- Elementary & Secondary Schools
- Fire Department
- Insurance Carriers
- Medical & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Police Departments
- Private Households & Individuals
- Real Estate Investment
- Social Assistance Agencies
- Domestic Violence & Child Advocacy Center
- Board of Directors
- Fund Development Committee, Chair
- Board of Directors
- AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland
- Former Member and Vice President of Board of Directors, General Counsel, and Member of Executive Committee