Karl Kenna represents clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in all aspects of intellectual property, including patent, trademark, and copyright.
Karl counsels clients in developing intellectual property portfolios based on a detailed understanding of the client’s technology and business goals. His area of practice includes coordinating the prosecution of portfolios globally, for U.S. and international clients. His practice also includes providing validity and non-infringement opinions, negotiating licensing agreements, and advising on litigation matters.
Karl’s area of technical expertise includes computer architectures, enterprise software, digital media, electronic devices, semiconductors, and electronic design automation.
In his free time, Karl enjoys spending time with family and exploring the great outdoor environments which California offers.
- University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- Trinity College Dublin, Ireland (M.S. in Computer Science, 1994)
- Trinity College Dublin, Ireland (Diploma in Computer Modeling and Simulation, 1992)
- Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland (B.S. in Physics and Chemistry, 1990)
- State Admissions
- California, 2005
- Federal Admissions
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- Patent and Trademark Office Society
- San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association
- National Association for the Advancement of Science
- Association of Computing Machinery
- Irish Network Bay Area