John A. Favret III spends most of his professional time defending medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers, health care institutions, physicians, and nurses in all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts throughout Ohio.
He also has experience in products liability, business litigation, and in the defense of a political subdivision under Ohio’s Political Subdivision Tort Liability Statute.
While in college at the University of Wisconsin, John started four years on the Badger football team, was a part of two Big Ten and Rose Bowl championship teams, and was co-captain his senior year.
- Cleveland State University College of Law (J.D., 2005); Trial Team
- University of Wisconsin (B.A. in History, 2000); Football Team, Co-Captain
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2006
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- “Managing Life Care Plans,” ACI’s 16th Annual Advanced Forum on Obstetric Malpractice Claims, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (June 2017)
- “Ethical Considerations in Researching Jurors – An Update,” Tucker Ellis Ohio Professional Conduct Program, Cleveland, Ohio (December 2015)
- “Getting Paid: Good Contracts and Mechanic’s Liens,” Ohio Landscape Association (OLA) Annual Meeting, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2012)
- “How Will the COVID-19 Good Samaritan Expansion Bill Impact Ohio Colleges and Universities?“, Tucker Ellis Client Alert (October 2020)
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2016)
- Shaker Heights Juvenile Court Diversion Program, Magistrate Judge
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- John Hay High School, Mock Trial Competition Coach
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Alumni Association
- National W Club