Jennifer Roth focuses her practice on public finance and public law.
She represents public entities, including the State of Ohio, port authorities, cities, and other local issuers as bond counsel and issuer’s counsel for general obligation and revenue bond transactions, equipment lease transactions, and general public law matters.
As counsel to lenders, Jennifer provides thoughtful advice in the direct purchase or credit enhancement of municipal bonds. She finds creative solutions for private borrowers, such as manufacturing companies, schools, hospitals, and other non-profit organizations, in tax-exempt and taxable municipal securities transactions, including lease-revenue and tax increment financings. She also advises investment banks in the purchasing and private placement of municipal bonds, with a focus on securities law issues in public finance transactions. Jennifer has acted as trustee’s counsel in both corporate and public debt offerings.
A native Clevelander, Jennifer currently lives in Gates Mills with her husband and three children. Outside of her law practice, Jennifer enjoys cooking, hiking, and practicing yoga.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2002)
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 1996)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2002
- Service Areas
- Public & Structured Finance
- Public Law
- Financial Services
- Commercial Finance
- Health Care
- Real Estate Finance
- Opportunity Zones
- Educational Institutions
- Health & Life Sciences
- Corporate Law
- Industries Represented
- Broker / Dealer & Securities
- Financial Institutions
- Nonprofit Organizations
- “Bond Financing 101,” 42nd Annual Real Estate Law Institute, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (November 2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America® (2019–2023)
- 2022 Cleveland Lawyer of the Year (Public Finance Law)
- Municipal Finance Officers Association of Northeast Ohio
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL)
- Northeast Ohio Law Directors Association
- Beaumont School, Board of Trustees
- Finance Committee, Chair