Giuseppe Pappalardo defends clients nationwide in medical and pharmaceutical liability matters.
Giuseppe represents pharmaceutical manufacturers and large hospitals in individual cases, multidistrict litigation, and class actions. He is a member of the Tucker Ellis team that defends a Fortune 200 pharmaceutical company nationwide in thousands of cases brought by local municipalities, counties, and states. In this role, Giuseppe co-leads a team seeking third-party discovery from the Ohio Department of Health in relation to a product liability lawsuit brought by the Ohio Attorney General. Giuseppe also serves on the briefing and e-discovery teams for a large pharmaceutical contract manufacturer that is facing lawsuits in both state and federal court.
In addition to his medical and pharmaceutical liability practice, Giuseppe is part of a Tucker Ellis team that serves as national counsel in motor vehicle accident litigation for two Fortune 300 companies.
Before entering law school, Giuseppe served with AmeriCorps, where he helped counsel high-growth start-up companies during the early stages of those companies’ development. He also worked in sales before beginning his legal career, which helped to form his strong and goal-oriented work ethic.
A downtown Clevelander, Giuseppe loves to explore the ever-evolving food scene and venture into new parts of the city. He is known for his dynamic personality and his ability to make those around him smile.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017); Order of the Coif; Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law, Executive Board
- Marquette University (B.A. in Political Science and Philosophy, 2010); Student Senator; Student Government Leadership Award; Marquette University Club Football Captain
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2017
- “In-House Counsel Roundtable,” materials co-authored for DRI 2021 Drug and Medical Device Virtual Seminar (April 2021)
- “Corporate Representative Depositions and Proportionality – Avoiding Traps for the Unwary,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Cleveland, Ohio (December 2017)
- “9th Annual Update of Take-Home Asbestos Duty Decisions: 2018 Rulings Highlight Litigation Landscape,” HarrisMartin’s COLUMNS-Asbestos (March 2019), OACTA’s The Update (Summer 2019)
- “8th Annual Update of Take-Home Asbestos Duty Decisions: 2017 Rulings Highlight Litigation Landscape,” HarrisMartin’s COLUMNS-Asbestos (March 2018), OACTA’s The Update (Spring 2018)
- “Corporate Representative Deposition Update – Traps Remain for the Unwary,” OACTA’s The Update (Spring 2017)
- “Corporate Representative Depositions and Proportionality,” DRI’s In-House Defense Quarterly (Winter 2017)
- Open Doors Academy, Board of Directors
- Legal Aid 2021 Partner in Justice
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Lawyers Guild of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland