Francesca assists clients with all aspects of intellectual property, including patent prosecution, trademark prosecution, and copyright registration.
Francesca assists in managing domestic, international, and foreign patent and trademark filings, drafting and reviewing IP business agreements, as well as performing freedom to operate evaluations and trademark analysis. She also supports the IP Litigation Group with legal research, writing, and IP enforcement.
During her last year of law school, Francesca interned in the legal department of a leading content services provider, where she researched and advised on FDA compliance, researched domestic and international data privacy matters, evaluated and analyzed existing source code escrow agreements, and assisted in advising executive management on business and legal risk. Before law school, Francesca worked as a validation engineer and then as a commercial analyst for a small firm evaluating potential patents. She has experience working with medical imaging modalities such as CT, PET, MRI, and ultrasound, and has worked on design projects for medical sensors and prosthetic technology.
Francesca was born and raised in Houston, Texas, but has lived in Cleveland for almost 10 years. When she’s not striving for excellence as a new lawyer, she can be found running or reading. She has run a handful of half and full marathons and is working her way up to an ultramarathon someday. Her reading interests are seemingly random, because she typically only reads books that have been personally gifted or referred to her. Thus far, Francesca’s favorite book referral is Jared Diamond’s Guns, Germs, and Steel, with Steinbeck’s East of Eden a close second. Francesca lives with her husband, who is a middle school and high school choir director, and their fur babies Anastasia (Maine Coon) and Mabel (adorable mutt).
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 2021); Student Intellectual Property Law Association, Secretary (2019-2020), Co-President (2020-2021); CALI Award in Patent Law
- Case Western Reserve University (B.S.E. in Biomedical Engineering, concentration in Instrumentation and Devices, minors in Electrical Engineering and Business Management, 2017)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2021
- Federal Admissions
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- “Top Secret Tips for Passing the Patent and State Bar,” American Intellectual Property Law Association (June 2022)
- “What Scares You? A Few of the Most Frightening Developments in IP Law,” IPWatchdog (October 2022)
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Next Generation Leaders Committee
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association