Ethan Weber advocates for clients in complex litigation, including class action defense and commercial litigation.
Ethan focuses his practice on analyzing complicated legal issues to advise clients across a broad spectrum of civil litigation, including class actions, multidistrict litigation, commercial litigation, white collar investigations and enforcement, and insurance defense. He has handled sophisticated dispositive motions, briefing related to experts under Daubert, and a number of jurisdictional matters, among others.
Ethan joined Tucker Ellis after serving as a law clerk to the Honorable J. Philip Calabrese of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and to the Honorable Douglas R. Cole of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, where he became particularly interested in novel and complicated legal issues. While clerking, Ethan gained substantive knowledge and practical insight about the nuances and complexity of federal litigation. He also became familiar with jurisdictional and procedural intricacies that often bear on the outcome of civil litigation.
Originally from outside Chicago, Ethan has called the Buckeye State home since 2016 when he started law school at Ohio State. When not rooting for Cleveland’s sports teams, Ethan enjoys spending time with his family hiking in the Metroparks, discovering new restaurants, and exploring all the East side of Cleveland has to offer.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2019); Ohio State Law Journal; Kaufman Securities Law Moot Court National Semifinalist (2019); CALI Award for Excellence (Securities Law, Advanced Constitutional Law)
- Johns Hopkins University (M.S., 2015)
- Miami University (B.A., 2012)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2019
- Federal Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- “2022–2023 Supreme Court Term in Review,” Tucker Ellis In-House Counsel Summit (October 2023)
- “Supreme Court Year in Review,” Tucker Ellis In-House Counsel Summit (October 2022)
- “Class Actions in Insurance,” 2022 OACTA Annual Meeting, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2022)
- “Multidistrict Class Actions: Consolidating Class Actions Without Conceding Certification,” Strafford Webinar (September 2022)
- “Neuro Offers More Than It Holds: Some Key Takeaways for Coverage Lawyers,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal (February 2023); republished in OACTA Quarterly (Winter 2023)
- “Sixth Circuit Confirms Doctors’ Association Suit Cannot Survive Standing Ailments,” Inter Alia, Federal Bar Association, Northern District of Ohio (Fall 2021)
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Federalist Society