Edmond Connor focuses on complex business and real estate litigation.
For the past four decades, Ed has represented clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individuals in all types of business litigation matters. His expansive practice includes real estate development, land use and environmental matters, lending and banking, securities, property rights, lien rights, construction defects, professional liability, products liability, trademark infringement, military base closure disputes, wrongful termination, unfair competition, antitrust, civil RICO, fraud, contracts, and other business law issues.
Before joining Tucker Ellis, Ed was Managing Partner of Connor, Fletcher & Hedenkamp LLP. Prior to forming that firm, he was a partner with the international law firm of Morrison & Foerster, serving as head of the Litigation Department in the firm’s Orange County Office.
In recognition of his commitment to pro bono legal service, Ed is a past recipient of the ABA Pro Bono Publico Award, the California State Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award, the OCBA Liberty Bell Award, and the Anti-Defamation League’s Marcus Kaufman Jurisprudence Award.
Ed’s outside interests include swimming, boating, and gardening.
- Stanford Law School (J.D., 1975; President of the Moot Court Board; recipient of Lawrence S. Fletcher Award for Outstanding Third Year Student)
- Georgetown University (B.A., 1972, summa cum laude; Kaime Scholar; Washington Club Award for College Valedictorian)
- State Admissions
- California, 1975
- Federal Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Secured a $60-million settlement for clients after extensive litigation in a land use dispute involving a former Marine Corps Air Station on behalf of two school districts
- Prosecuted fraud claims on behalf of subsidiaries of a large California-based utility company over the failed sale of a $1.2-billion liquefied natural gas power plant located in Puerto Rico; obtained a multimillion-dollar settlement for clients
- Secured a multimillion-dollar judgment following the prosecution of a wrongful termination claim in a nearly four-month jury trial
- Prosecuted professional negligence claims against a prominent New York law firm arising from the Orange County Bankruptcy; client recovered $10 million as part of negotiated settlement
- Prosecuted fraud claims on behalf of an Orange County company against a software manufacturer that had misrepresented the capabilities of a software package; clients obtained a $4.6-million jury verdict
- ABA Pro Bono Publico Award
- Pro Bono Service Award, California State Bar President
- OCBA Liberty Bell Award
- Marcus Kaufman Jurisprudence Award, Anti-Defamation League
- Orange County Bar Association, Former President
- OCBA Charitable Fund, Former President
- Orange County Public Law Center, Former Chairman of the Board
- Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, Former Lawyer Representative