Courtenay Youngblood Jalics practices civil litigation, focusing on general product liability defense, medical device and pharmaceutical liability defense, and commercial litigation.
Courtenay has experience in state and federal courts throughout the country, including in various state and federal multidistrict litigations (MDLs) and consolidated federal cases.
As part of the Tucker Ellis Medical & Pharmaceutical Liability Group, Courtenay counsels and assists clients with FDA regulatory matters, product recalls, and related document holds, as well as general medical, pharmaceutical, and product liability issues. She is also part of the Tucker Ellis team that serves as national counsel for a large appliance manufacturer in its dryer fire litigation. In both of these roles, Courtenay manages product liability cases throughout the country, creating strategic case management schedules, formulating and coordinating comprehensive discovery strategies, and identifying and developing expert witnesses covering product design, engineering, and warnings issues.
Before joining Tucker Ellis, Courtenay practiced products liability, professional liability, and commercial litigation in Chicago. She lives in Shaker Heights with her husband and their three children.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 2001)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1996)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2004
- Illinois, 2001
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- “The Feminine Technique: The Benefits of Hiring Women Litigation for Litigation About Products for Women,” Moderator, ABA Litigation Section, 2021 Women in Litigation Joint CLE Conference, Boston, Massachusetts (November 2021)
- “National Trends in Products Liability Litigation,” Roundtable Webinar, Women in Products Liability Subcommittee of the ABA Products Liability Committee (July 2017)
- “Inside the Reptile Brain: Why the Reptile Theory is Important to the Offense and Defense,” Roundtable Webinar, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Biotech Subcommittee of the ABA Products Liability Committee (May 2015)
- “Using Your Cause-And-Origin Expert’s Expertise,” Law360 (March 2016)
- “Navigating the Muddy Waters of an MDL: Strategies to Get (and Keep) Your Case in Federal Court,” DRI’s The Voice (April 2015)
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2009, 2012)
- American Bar Association
- Section of Litigation, Pharmaceutical/Medical Device/Biotech Committee
- Section of Litigation, Products Liability Committee
- Women in Products Liability Subcommittee, Co-Chair
- Women in Products Liability 2016 Annual Regional CLE, Co-Chair
- 2019 Women in Litigation Joint CLE Conference, Co-Chair
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Shoes & Clothes for Kids
- Board Member
- Products & Services Committee Member
- Shaker Youth Soccer Association