Bennett Kuhar applies his professional background in the manufacturing and assembly industry to counsel and assist clients in intellectual property matters.
Bennett assists clients nationwide in protecting, clearing, and licensing their intellectual property, with a focus on patent prosecution and preparation. His background as a proposal engineer for a global supplier in the manufacturing and assembly industry informs his approach to serving the IP needs of clients. In addition to his practical experience, he leverages his undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering to provide the thorough technical understanding of client IP necessary to protect it.
Bennett uses his IP searching skills to conduct clearance investigations and provide competitor IP information. The results of these searches help inform and guide clients’ IP strategy regarding the pursuit of new IP and enforcement of their existing IP portfolio. Bennett also conducts trademark searching, analysis, and prosecution to help protect clients’ word marks and design marks in various goods and services.
Bennett lives in Cleveland. In his free time, he enjoys cooking, hiking, and relaxing by the fire with friends. A former student-athlete on the men’s wrestling team at Northwestern, he also coaches wrestling at his alma mater St. Edward High School (Go Eagles!).
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2022); Chief Publications Editor, Cleveland State Law Review
- Northwestern University (M.S. in Project Management, 2012)
- Northwestern University (B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, 2011)
- “Restoration of Second Amendment Rights from a Lifetime Ban Imposed by 18 U.S.C. § 922(G)(4): The Sixth Circuit Provides a Path Forward,” Cleveland State Law Review, Volume 70, Issue 3 (April 2022)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Northern District of Ohio
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association