Rachel Emerson assists clients in trust and estate planning, probate and trust administration, and taxation.
Rachel advises clients in all aspects of estate planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and pre-marital agreements. With a sharp focus on achieving clients’ family and charitable goals, she drafts and administers estate planning documents; provides advice on charitable giving and tax considerations; and handles probate and trust litigation matters.
In addition to her work with trusts and estates, Rachel’s experience includes researching legal issues in business, real estate, and bankruptcy and drafting legal memoranda, motions, and pleadings. During law school, she obtained hands-on experience in the areas of trusts, estates, and guardianship as an extern for the Probate Court of Cuyahoga County and as a law clerk for Tucker Ellis.
An avid runner, Rachel successfully completed a Cleveland Half Marathon. In her spare time, you can find her watching shows at Playhouse Square, running through Cuyahoga Valley National Park, or visiting new restaurants.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 2022); Production Editor and Outstanding Note of the Year Award, Journal of International Law; CALI Award
- Grove City College (B.S., cum laude, 2017)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2022
- Service Areas
- Estates, Trusts & Probate
- “Live and Legal: Lawmakers Deliver Postnuptial Agreements to Ohio Through Senate Bill 210,” Probate Law Journal of Ohio (January/February 2023)
- “Is It Time for Ohio to Consider a Move Toward Stronger Silent Trust Legislation?,” Probate Law Journal of Ohio (March/April 2022)
- “Privacy vs. Identity Rights: A Call for the United States to Adopt the United Kingdom’s ‘Open ID’ System for Artificial Reproductive Technology,” Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law, Vol. 54, p. 419 (2022)