DT Amajoyi’s legal strategies draw upon her vast global experiences to successfully develop and position winning motions both on paper and in oral argument.
DT utilizes her broad – but finely tuned – litigation skills to set the table for the successful defense of clients in a wide range of product liability and toxic tort matters, as well as business litigation. DT is well known for her deep and creative offensive and defensive factual analyses, which she parlays into successful motion practice. DT’s client-focused pragmatism yields favorable results for clients pre-suit as well as in court, arbitrations, mediations, and settlement conferences.
During law school, DT served as a law clerk at one of the top immigration firms in the world, where she assisted corporations in global sponsorship and the hiring of foreign workers, ensuring compliance with immigration laws. She also interned for the Republic of Uganda Judiciary: Anti-Corruption Court, leading plea-bargaining sessions for inmates in Ugandan prisons, and worked with refugees and asylum seekers in Washington, D.C., in the wake of the travel ban. Additionally, DT participated in the AmeriCorps JD program and served as a Legislative Aid for the California State Senate, successfully pushing four bills into state law.
DT is an avid world traveler and is passionate about experiencing new cultures and cuisines. She also enjoys fitness and outdoor sports.
- Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D., 2018); Executive Editor, Dispute Resolution Law Journal; International Law Society; Black Law Students Association; International Moot Court; Advocates for Public Interest Law; Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution Certificate; International and Comparative Law Certificate; CALI Award for Highest Grade in Negotiation Theory and Practice Course
- University of California, Santa Cruz (B.A., 2013); Student Body President; Chair, USSA National People of Color Student Coalition; Co-Chair, California Student Association; Student Union Assembly Commissioner of Diversity
- State Admissions
- California, 2020
- Service Areas
- Mass Tort & Product Liability
- Business Litigation
- Exemplary Service Resolution, California State Senate (2014)
- African American Leader of Tomorrow, California Legislative Black Caucus Resolution for Mentorship (2014)
- California Association of Black Lawyers
- Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Inc.
- John M. Langston Bar Association