Frank Garritano is a trial lawyer practicing in the areas of maritime, mass tort, and product liability.
Frank manages and coordinates the defense of mass tort cases both in Ohio and across the United States. He serves as local and national counsel for manufacturers of electrical motor controls, industrial motors, valves, brakes, furnaces, televisions, radios, HVAC equipment, welding rods, protective clothing, and gaskets. Frank defends Great Lakes shipping companies and stevedoring companies against claims brought under the Jones Act and the Longshore Act. He also defends manufacturers of specialty trucks, motorcycles, fitness equipment, and recreational products against product liability claims in courts across the State of Ohio.
Frank earned his Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Chicago in 1996. His concentration was in Cross-Cultural Psychology and Latin America. From 1997-2001, Frank worked with Catholic Charities Services Hispanic Office in Cleveland, Ohio as a bi-lingual/bi-cultural Youth Counselor. Frank received his Juris Doctor from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 2004, where he was active in many student and community organizations, including service as Vice President of the Hispanic Law Students Association, Speaker Chair of the Hooding Committee, and Diversity Committee Chair of the Student Bar Association.
Frank has traveled extensively throughout South America. He enjoys athletics, playing guitar and writing music.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2004)
- The University of Chicago (B.A., 1996)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2004
- New York, 2012
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Service Areas
- Mass Tort & Product Liability
- Life Sciences Litigation
- Industries Represented
- Consumer Products
- Fabricated Metal Products
- Insurance Carriers
- Legal Services (Law Firms)
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Transportation Equipment
- “Are You Really a 10? How to Determine Symptom Magnification in a Functional Capacity Analysis,” Moderator, Signal Maritime Conference, Cleveland, Ohio (May 2017)
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2009)
- The Sculpture Center
- Board Member
- Goverance Committee, Chair
- The University of Chicago Alumni Association