Emily Grace uses her strong research and analytical skills to support the Tucker Ellis Trial Department.
Emily has experience with various aspects of pre-trial litigation, including drafting pleadings, conducting client interviews, preparing for depositions, and analyzing legal issues. She focuses her practice on complex civil litigation, with an emphasis on commercial litigation, health care, and personal injury.
While in law school, Emily worked as an extern in the legal department of The MetroHealth System, served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Solomon Oliver, Jr., of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, and worked as a law clerk for a global leader in the paint and coatings manufacturing industry. In addition to honing her research and analytical skills, these positions strengthened her collaborative communication skills.
Before law school, Emily worked as a senior financial analyst and project manager at the Cleveland Clinic, where she managed the development of a hybrid clinical documentation and coding delivery model and led other process improvement initiatives to enhance department productivity. She also served as the department’s lead medical denials analyst, developing data-driven reporting to advise executive leadership on denial reduction strategies.
Emily was a four-year member and co-captain of the women’s basketball team at John Carroll University. In her free time, she enjoys running full and half-marathons, cheering on Cleveland sports teams, and spending time with her husband Joe and their daughter Anne.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2021); Dean's Leadership Fellows Program, Executive Board Member; Moot Court Team, Vice Chairperson; Cleveland State Journal of Law and Health, Publications Editor
- John Carroll University (M.B.A., cum laude, 2013)
- John Carroll University (B.S. in Biology, cum laude, 2012); Honors Program; Magis Scholar
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2021
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Service Areas
- Business Litigation
- “Skills for Successful Interviews,” Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (July 2022)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- 3Rs Program, Volunteer (2019 – present)
- West Side Catholic Center, Associate Board Member (2021 – present)
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank, Volunteer (2014 – 2020)
- John Carroll University Honduras Medical Brigade, Volunteer/Alumni Coordinator (2011 – 2019)
- Cleveland Clinic Group of Aspiring Leaders, Service Committee Chair (2018)
- Cleveland Clinic Emerging Leader Program, Member (2017 – 2018)
- Holy Name High School, Volunteer Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach (2013 – 2017)