Andrea Glinka Przybysz focuses on pharmaceutical manufacturer liability—specifically regulatory and post-market surveillance issues.
She has served on several national counsel teams for three top 20 drug and device manufacturers in litigation involving sulfonamide and glitazone drugs as well as metal-on-metal implants and vaginal mesh. She has successfully defended against injury allegations related to Stevens Johnson’s Syndrome, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, surgical intervention, cancer, and cardiovascular and kidney injuries.
Andrea strongly believes in evidence-based medicine. She is keenly interested in epidemiology and biostatistics and well versed in regulatory issues pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and approval pathways for new drugs and premarket devices. Her science practice focuses on developing the defense’s expert case through the analysis of large adverse events/complaints datasets and biologic/pharmacokinetic profiles. This work complements a regulatory practice that emphasizes proper reporting to FDA from drug development to post-market surveillance.
Andrea, an avid soccer player, was inducted into the University of Chicago Athletics Hall of Fame in September 2015.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 2010); Health Law concentration
- The University of Chicago (B.A., 2006)
- State Admissions
- Illinois, 2010
- Colorado, 2011
- Wisconsin, 2021
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States District Court, Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- “Lack of Consumer Trust Continues to Be a Big Risk for Pharma,” Sedgwick’s Quarterly Recall Index: Edition 3, 2022
- “COVID-19 Vaccines and Treatments Will Influence Pharmaceutical Industry’s Reputation,” Stericycle Quarterly Recall Index: Edition 3, 2020
- “Consumer Product Safety Information Database Five Years Later: Trends in Complaints, Recalls, and Litigation,” DRI’s The Voice (April 2016)
- “Chapter 2, Drug Approvals, Medical Device Approvals, and Clinical Trials and Registries,” FDA Basics for the Drug and Medical Device Lawyer, DRI Defense Library Book (2015)
- “Lifestyles of the Young and Elegant,” DRI’s Sharing Success (December 2014)
- “Developing a Regulatory Story That Counts,” IADC Drug, Device and Biotechnology Newsletter (May 2014)
- Encyclopedia of Immigrant Health, contributing author, Springer, 2011
- “Dobbs and the Uncertain Future for LGBT Constitutional Protections,” Tucker Ellis In-House Counsel Summit (November 2022)
- “Turbulent Times for Trans Rights,” Tucker Ellis In-House Counsel Summit Webinar (December 2021)
- “‘It Gets Better, Doesn’t It?’ Recent Developments in LGBT Workplace and Public Accommodations Protection,” 2018 In-House Counsel Summit, Tucker Ellis LLP, Cleveland, Ohio (October 2018)
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2018-2020)
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2016, 2017)
- Board of Directors (2017-2019)
- Cook County Judicial Evaluations Committee, Investigator
- The Center on Colfax
- Board Member (2013-2016)
- Secretary (2015-2016)