Amanda Villalobos is an experienced litigator, with a focus on defending high-profile corporate clients against product liability, mass tort, and complex litigation claims in the life sciences, pharmaceutical and medical device, consumer product, and commercial litigation fields.
Amanda has extensive experience handling large-scale litigation, including state coordinated proceedings and federal multidistrict litigation involving international pharmaceutical and consumer product companies. She has worked with attorneys from across the country to coordinate overall strategy and day-to-day management of cases, most recently serving as Lead Liaison Defense Counsel in a California coordinated proceeding related to talc-based baby powder products, where she managed over 700 cases. Amanda was also appointed to the Los Angeles Bar Association’s Complex Court Committee, which serves as the liaison between California’s complex court judges and members of the bar.
Amanda also has experience defending corporate clients in general litigation matters, including personal injury, insurance defense, California privacy law, and consumer protection cases. She has been part of multiple teams that serve as national counsel to Fortune 200 companies, where she has gained significant experience in all phases of pretrial litigation, including written discovery, depositions, dispositive motions, defending and preparing company witnesses, and defense expert development.
Amanda is committed to encouraging individuals from all backgrounds to pursue careers in the legal field and serves as Co-Chair of the Los Angeles hallway’s Junior Achievement Mentoring Program and its Summer Associate Program.
A native of Los Angeles, Amanda enjoys spending time outdoors in the California sunshine.
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2008); USD Academic Scholarship (2006-2008); USD Appellate Moot Court Board National Team; Quarter-finalist, 2007 Paul A. McLennon Sr. Honors Moot Court Competition
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.S., 2005)
- State Admissions
- California, 2009
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- “Demystifying Mass Torts,” Co-moderator, 2020 Complex Courts Virtual Symposium (December 2020)
- “Trejo v. Johnson & Johnson: The Death of Design Defect in California?“, DRI’s The Voice (August 2017)
- “If You Build It, Plaintiffs Will Come: A Guide to Weeding Out Unmeritorious Claims in Mass Coordinated Product Liability Proceedings,” DRI’s RX for the Defense (June 2017)
- “FTC Distinguishes Between ‘Natural’ and ‘All Natural,'” Nutrition Industry Executive (September 2016)
- “FTC Distinguishes Between ‘Natural’ and ‘All Natural,”’ Tucker Ellis Client Alert (July 2016)
- “Find Me on Facebook: Authenticating Social Media Evidence,” DRI’s The Whisper (December 2015)
- “Injunctions After EBay: Is the Outcome As Predictable As It Seems,” Intellectual Property Litigation Newsletter, American Bar Association (Summer 2009)
- “Q&A with In-House Counsel John Son of Union Supply Group,” American Bar Association Section of Litigation (November 2016)
- “Q&A with Tucker Ellis Attorney Amanda Villalobos,” American Bar Association Section of Litigation (August 2016)
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2016-2018)
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Junior Achievement of Southern California
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- CLE Steering Committee
- Drug, Device and Biotech Committee
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee
- Product Liability Committee
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Complex Courts Committee