Sofia Skok works with the Tucker Ellis Real Estate and Corporate groups on a variety of complex transactional matters.
Sofia assists with credit agreements and construction loan agreements, working with banks and borrowers to facilitate financing deals. She also assists in drafting purchase and sale agreements, non-compete agreements, and lease agreements, among other contracts.
Sofia’s research and internship experiences have helped her understand and address clients’ needs. As a research assistant at University of Notre Dame Law School, Sofia studied, translated, and edited legal documents and articles related to education and corporate law. As a legal intern with the Archdiocese of Chicago, she reviewed and assisted in drafting lease agreements and memoranda on real estate issues.
As a legal intern with a pharmaceutical company, Sofia gained insight into the business development of a growing company. In her role, she assisted in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating licensing contracts for clinical trials and helped reorganize the company’s compliance program.
Away from work, Sofia enjoys reading, sporting clays, working on her golf game, and cheering on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2021); Journal of International & Comparative Law, Articles Editor; Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, Symposium Issue 2020, Editor; The Federalist Society, Communications Director and Charitable Works Coordinator; Faculty Award for Excellence in Health Law
- Boston College (B.A. in Economics and Philosophy, 2018)
- State Admissions
- Illinois, 2021
- Spanish (native proficiency)
- “LLC Collection: Piercing the Veil,” Lorman Webinar (March 2022)
- “Piercing the Corporate Veil: Avoiding Mistakes & Exposure,” Lorman Webinar (December 2021)
- “SEC Proposes Rules to Enhance Climate-Related Disclosures,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (March 2022)
- Leonine Forum Fellow