Sofia Skok works with the Tucker Ellis Real Estate and Corporate groups on a variety of complex transactional matters, including the acquisition and disposition of real property assets and debt and equity financing.
Sofia’s practice concentrates on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions and general corporate matters. She assists with real estate purchase and sale agreements, title and survey matters, leasing, and general real estate matters. She also works with banks and borrowers to facilitate financing deals, including assisting with credit agreements and construction loan agreements. Additionally, she has experience assisting issuers and placement agents in selling securities of banks and bank holding companies, including de novo stock and subordinated debt.
Sofia’s research and internship experiences have helped her understand and address clients’ needs. As a legal intern with the Archdiocese of Chicago, she reviewed and assisted in drafting lease agreements and memoranda on real estate issues specific to nonprofits. As a research assistant at Notre Dame Law School, Sofia studied, translated, and edited legal documents and articles related to education and corporate law.
Away from work, Sofia enjoys reading, sporting clays, working on her golf game, and cheering on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2021); Journal of International & Comparative Law, Articles Editor; Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, Symposium Issue 2020, Editor; The Federalist Society, Communications Director and Charitable Works Coordinator; Faculty Award for Excellence in Health Law
- Boston College (B.A. in Economics and Philosophy, 2018)
- State Admissions
- Illinois, 2021
- Spanish (native proficiency)
- “LLC Collection: Piercing the Veil,” Lorman Webinar (March 2022)
- “Piercing the Corporate Veil: Avoiding Mistakes & Exposure,” Lorman Webinar (December 2021)
- “SEC Proposes Rules to Enhance Climate-Related Disclosures,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (March 2022)
- Leonine Forum Fellow, Chicago
- Federalist Society, Chicago Young Lawyers Chapter
- Chicago Bar Association