Maia Mdinaradze handles all aspects of civil litigation in state and federal courts, with a particular emphasis on business litigation, employment, and insurance coverage.
Maia also has significant experience representing clients in high-exposure commercial property, commercial general liability, title insurance coverage, and bad faith matters.
With a keen sense of intellectual curiosity and trial-focused litigation strategy, Maia helps clients successfully navigate complex commercial matters, achieving highly favorable results.
Having lived in three different countries, no challenge is too big for Maia. Armed with resilience, creativity, and an expanded world view, she brings a unique perspective, crafting innovative solutions and helping clients achieve their business goals in and out of courts.
Maia is passionate about traveling, exploring other cultures, and trying new foods. She enjoys boating, long walks on the beach, and hikes with her husband and two daughters.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles (J.D., 2013)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A. in Philosophy, cum laude, college honors, 2008)
- State Admissions
- California, 2013
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- Obtained a dismissal on a demurrer of a client sued for breach of contract and the breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing involving a lawsuit against the insurer-client by its insured
- Obtained a favorable resolution on behalf of an escrow company sued for conversion and negligence by a party to the escrow transaction following an extended mediation
- Successfully defended a title insurance company in a sexual harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination matter
- “Avoiding Claims for Breach of Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing,” Fidelity National Claims Center (September 2019)
- “Selecting, Engaging, and Working with Appraisers in High Exposure Cases,” Fidelity National Claims Center (March 2018 and March 2019)
- “Was it Covered? What Courts Have Recently Ruled on Title Claims,” Stewart Title of California, Inc. (December 2017)
- “U.S. Supreme Court Issues Monumental PAGA Decision for California Employers: Viking River Cruises, Inc. v. Moriana,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (June 2022)
- “New California Employment Laws for 2022: What Employers Need to Know,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (December 2021)
- “California Court of Appeal Clarifies Rules for Equitable and Prescriptive Easements,” ABA Tips Title Insurance Litigation Committee Newsletter (Summer/Fall 2018)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Georgian Cultural and Educational Center of Southern California, Board of Advisors