Lance Wilson is a trial lawyer who defends manufacturers and suppliers of products and raw materials against a wide variety of products-related claims, including allegations of design defects, manufacturing defects, failure to warn, breach of warranty, fraud, and misrepresentation.
He also defends building contractors and property owners against premises-related claims.
Lance represents manufacturers and suppliers of products in many different industries, including aviation, power generation, electrical distribution, automotive, HVAC, welding products, pumps, valves, light rail, and elevators.
Lance serves as national counsel for many clients for whom he coordinates toxic tort litigation nationwide. He has a strong network of local counsel in jurisdictions across the United States, and he personally appears for clients in many different state and federal jurisdictions on the East Coast, across the Midwest, and in California.
In defending clients, Lance recognizes the importance of taking the time to develop a deep understanding of the product at issue. He uses his experience and broad knowledge of the science behind an alleged injury to explore all possible alternate causes and evaluate all aspects of a claim. He is skilled at identifying the proper experts and works with them to prepare for and defend clients at trial.
Lance has over 17 years of experience defending clients in environmental/toxic tort litigation in state and federal courts, including manufacturers and suppliers of products and equipment under contract to the U.S. military. For these clients, he has successfully prepared and presented a military contractor immunity defense.
Lance spent the first several years of his law practice as a criminal prosecutor for the Contra Costa County District Attorney’s office in California.
- Brigham Young University (J.D., cum laude, 1996)
- California State University, Northridge (B.A., 1993)
- State Admissions
- California, 1996
- Idaho, 2006
- Oregon, 2011
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- Service Areas
- Mass Tort & Product Liability
- Industries Represented
- Aerospace Products
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Transportation Equipment
- “Trade Secret Best Practices Under Ohio UTSA and DTSA,” A Different and Better Data Security Guide: Counseling Clients and Managing Crises, Tucker Ellis LLP, Cleveland, Ohio (July 2017)
- Product Liability Advisory Counsel
- Defense Research Institute