Lance Wilson is an experienced trial lawyer who defends companies primarily in product liability, premises, and negligence claims, as well as building contractors and property owners in construction and premises-related claims.
Lance represents companies in many different industries, including aviation, power generation, electrical distribution, automotive, HVAC, welding products, doors and windows, pumps, valves, light rail, and elevators. Many of Lance’s clients are manufacturers and suppliers of products and equipment under contract to the U.S. military. For these clients, he has successfully briefed and argued the military contractor immunity defense.
Lance has more than 20 years of experience defending clients in environmental/toxic tort litigation, and, for many clients, he serves as national counsel where he manages and coordinates their litigation nationwide. He partners with a strong network of local counsel in jurisdictions across the United States and personally appears for clients in state and federal courts across the East Coast and Midwest, as well as California.
Lance is known for his technical acumen and ability to develop a deep understanding of the product or conduct at issue. His experience and knowledge of medicine, science, and engineering enable him to identify and explore all possible alternate causes of an injury, as well as evaluate all aspects of any claimed product defect or conduct at issue. Lance’s practice requires him to identify and work experts who are leaders in various fields of medical science, engineering, industrial hygiene, and many other disciplines.
For the first several years of his law practice, Lance was a criminal prosecutor for the Contra Costa County District Attorney’s office in California.
- Brigham Young University (J.D., cum laude, 1996)
- California State University, Northridge (B.A., 1993)
- State Admissions
- California, 1996
- Idaho, 2006
- Oregon, 2011
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Service Areas
- Mass Tort & Product Liability
- Industries Represented
- Aerospace Products
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Transportation Equipment
- “Trade Secret Best Practices Under Ohio UTSA and DTSA,” A Different and Better Data Security Guide: Counseling Clients and Managing Crises, Tucker Ellis LLP, Cleveland, Ohio (July 2017)
- Product Liability Advisory Counsel
- Defense Research Institute