Michele Anderson practices in the area of products liability.
With significant and wide-ranging experience in drug and device litigation and complex multidistrict matters, she defends clients in federal and state courts throughout the country. In managing national litigation and complex cases and budgets, Michele appreciates the importance of working with clients early to understand anticipated timelines, define outcome determinative issues, and set objectives.
During more than 30 years of experience managing product liability and mass tort cases, Michele has analyzed many complicated regulatory histories for diverse products and adverse reactions. She enjoys developing the company history for a specific product for presentation to courts and juries.
Michele has extensive working knowledge of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act and the regulations enacted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as they pertain to product liability litigation. She also has expertise in addressing epidemiology and biostatistical, microbiological, and other scientific data, especially in the context of product liability litigation.
Recognized in Who’s Who Legal in the areas of Product Liability Defence and Life Sciences – Product Liability, Michele is described as “‘a wonder lawyer’ who stands out in the market for her wide-ranging insight into the product liability space, including deep expertise on multi-district medical device and drug-related litigation.”
- University of Colorado School of Law (J.D., 1983); Law Review, Casenote and Comment Editor
- Harvard University (B.A., cum laude, 1980)
- State Admissions
- California, 1993
- Colorado, 1984
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Developed regulatory- and preemption-based defenses in litigation involving obstetrics, neurology, and diabetes medications
- Managed individual and class actions alleging neurology drugs caused Stevens Johnson Syndrome and other idiosyncratic reactions
- Represented pharmaceutical company in individual wrongful death action alleging ineffective drug
- Represented pharmaceutical company in class action following contraceptive recall resulting in dismissal of action
- Engaged by a pharmaceutical company to address the company history, develop regulatory defenses and history, and work with company witnesses in historical COX-2 personal injury litigation
- “Over-the Counter Products: Is Implied Preemption a Viable Defense?“, DRI’s For The Defense (September 2017)
- Who’s Who Legal
- Life Sciences – Product Liability (2018-2021)
- Product Liability Defence (2015-2021)
- Defense Research Institute
- Product Liability Advisory Council (2002-2016)
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Judicial Committee