Jon Feczko represents companies in products liability matters throughout the country. He has helped clients successfully resolve cases at all stages of litigation, but he constantly strives to cultivate the stand-up trial skills that are increasingly rare among today’s lawyers.
Jon has been a member of teams defending products from medical devices to home appliances against claims from wrongful death to class actions. He has published and presented a number of times on the emerging field of self-driving vehicles. Having seen all parts of a case, Jon knows how to identify case themes early and carry them through discovery to the courthouse.
Jon is a strong believer in the importance of pro bono representations. He took a federal prisoner’s appeal before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and after oral argument successfully obtained a reversal of his client’s sentencing.
Before joining Tucker Ellis, Jon externed for the Honorable Judge John M. Manos in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and spent four years as an associate with Jones Day. He and his wife live in Avon, Ohio and spend most of their days chasing after their two children and dog, Kerby.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2007); Law Review, Managing Editor and Staff Editor; Dean's Scholarship Recipient
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., 2004); Rocco Foundation Scholarship Recipient
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2007
- Federal Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Served as co-counsel for a global home appliance manufacturer in a month-long jury trial alleging manufacturing and design defects
- After one day of trial, obtained a favorable nationwide settlement as second chair defending a product retailer/distributor in a class action alleging economic loss due to product defect
- “When Your Car Is Smarter Than You,” 2018 In-House Counsel Summit, Tucker Ellis LLP, Cleveland, Ohio (October 2018)
- “Legal and Insurance Issues Related to the Development of Automated, Autonomous, and Connected Cars,” Ohio State Bar Association, Columbus, Ohio (October 2018)
- “A Look at the Coming Autonomous Revolution,” Case Western Reserve University School of Law (October 2018)
- “A Look at the Future of Autonomous Vehicle Litigation,” Ohio State Bar Association WebCast (July 2018)
- “Social Postings: Juror Ethical Issues,” Ohio Professional Conduct Seminar, Tucker Ellis LLP, Cleveland, Ohio (December 2014)
- “The Brave New World of Autonomous Vehicle Litigation,” Law360 (June 2018)
- “Ohio Governor Kasich Signs Executive Order Allowing Autonomous Vehicle Testing,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (May 2018)
- “Defensive Driving for Manufacturers in the Autonomous Revolution,” Westlaw Journal Automotive (May 2018)
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2012-2021)
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association