Emily Knight practices in the areas of business litigation and products liability litigation.
Emily represents clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, with an emphasis on product manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies. She is experienced in conducting fact discovery, defending depositions, preparing witnesses, and drafting dispositive and evidentiary motions. Complementing her work in product liability litigation, Emily represents corporations and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) in litigation across the country. A sought-after speaker and writer on timely legal topics, Emily is an emerging thought-leader, particularly on the Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA).
Before attending law school, Emily taught kindergarten at a Cleveland charter school as a Teach For America corps member. As a member of Teach For America’s alumni group, she has continued to volunteer in local schools.
In her free time, Emily enjoys spending time with family, exploring her West Loop neighborhood, trying Chicago’s new restaurants, and traveling.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 2017); Hugo Grotius International Law Fellow; Frederick K. Cox International Law Center Fellow
- American University (B.A. in Political Science, minor in Justice, 2012)
- State Admissions
- Illinois, 2019
- Ohio, 2017
- “Mission Impossible? Protecting Data and Mitigating Litigation Risk in the World of Biometric Authentication Technology,” 2018 In-House Counsel Summit, Tucker Ellis LLP, Cleveland, Ohio (October 2018)
- “Risk Management of Sexual Harassment Claims in the Law Firm Setting,” Ohio State Bar Association WebCast (April 2018)
- “Illinois Supreme Court Rules in Biometric Information Privacy Act Case,” ABA Section of Litigation, Class Actions & Derivative Suits (February 2019)
- “Illinois Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Consumers in Landmark Biometric Case,” Tucker Ellis Client Alert (January 2019)
- “The Future Is in the Palm of Your Hand and in the Details of Your Eyes, Face, and Fingerprints as Businesses Handling Biometric Data Face a New Wave of Class-Action Litigation,” DRI’s The Business Suit (Vol. 22, Issue 4)
- “GDPR Focus: How the European Union’s New Cybersecurity Measure Will Impact Your American Manufacturing Business,” Manufacturing Today (May 2018)
- “Assessing the Fine (Finger) Print: Biometric Data is the New Frontier in Data Security and the Next Wave of Litigation,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal (May 2018)
- “Countdown to the GDPR: What You Need to Know About the Impact of the European Union’s New Cybersecurity Measures on Your American Business,” Tucker Ellis White Paper (March 2018)
- “Why Sexual Harassment Victims Face Class Action Hurdles,” Law360 (March 2018)
- “Lawyers Weigh In on the Loews Hotel Biometric Data Misuse Case,” Hospitality Technology (October 2018)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- Mock Trial Coach, John Hay High School
- College Now, Mentor
- Junior League of Cleveland
- Center for Arts-Inspired Learning
- Associate Board Member
- Teach for America, The Alumni Network