Colette DeRiso focuses her practice on complex commercial financing transactions involving banks and other financial institutions, as well as public and private companies, in connection with secured and unsecured credit facilities.
Colette has experience in various aspects of dealmaking, including corporate and title diligence, drafting, negotiating, and closing secured and unsecured transactions. She represents financial institutions, private equity firms, and corporate borrowers and has worked on a wide range of assets, including shopping centers, hospitality projects, office buildings, apartment buildings, and other properties throughout the United States.
In her transactional practice, Colette prepares and negotiates commercial contracts for clients in a variety of industries, including construction, manufacturing, banking, and professional services. She further works with business owners, companies, and fiduciaries on the formation of employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs). In her pro bono practice, Colette has successfully secured legal guardianship for immigrant children. She is dedicated to providing the highest level of care and communication to her team members and clients.
In her free time, Colette enjoys finding fun ways to stay active, including practicing Pilates and cycling, and spending time with her family, friends, and her cat Lola.
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., 2021)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2018)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2021
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- “Changes at the Chancery: A 2022 Delaware Case Law Update,” 2023 Business Law Institute on Corporate Law and M&A, Tucker Ellis LLP (January 2023)
- “Collateral Pool Credit Facilities: An Option for Growing Industrial Portfolios,” Westlaw Today (June 2023)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association