Sarah L. Bunce
Sarah Bunce is a trial attorney with a track record of courtroom victories in products liability defense and complex commercial litigation matters. Sarah uses a client-centric approach to deliver successful results, first determining each client’s litigation goals and then crafting a tailored solution – whether pursuing the litigation through to trial, pursuing a dispositive motion strategy, or effectuating a favorable out-of-court resolution – that best fits the client’s particular needs.
Before entering private practice, Sarah served as a federal district court clerk for Judge Richard E. Dorr, Western District of Missouri. This experience provided her the opportunity to participate in and affect the judicial decision-making process, and she now uses that experience to more critically analyze legal arguments to present on behalf of her clients.
Prior to her legal career, Sarah worked as an IT consultant for a global management and technology consulting company and as a project manager on marketing management applications for a leading provider of analytics and decision management technology. Having worked side-by-side with clients to custom-tailor and deliver solutions has influenced the approach Sarah follows as an attorney.
Born and raised in Minnesota, Sarah now enjoys the milder winters and less humid summers in Cleveland Heights with her husband and three children.
- Served as trial counsel in federal coordinated multi-district litigation for an international medical device manufacturer of transvaginal mesh, securing a defense verdict in Columbus, Georgia in 2013. Obtained dismissal in several cases within the multi-district litigation with favorable summary judgment rulings in 2012.
- Served on trial team in defending manufacturer of metal hip implant system in state court proceeding. As a member of the trial team, was involved in preparing fact and expert witness examinations; drafting trial briefs; preparing and arguing proposed jury instructions; and developing opening and closing arguments.
- Served as trial counsel to an international mining company in a contract dispute with equipment manufacturer, obtaining a verdict on breach of warranty claim.
- Secured summary judgment for a national bank-based financial services company in matter involving claim for proceeds under certificates of deposit.
- Negotiated and secured dismissal in foreclosure proceeding for a regional financial services company before responsive pleading was required.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for a national financial services institution client in contract dispute.
Civic & Professional Involvement
- Defense Research Institute
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Awards & Professional Recognition
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2016)
View as PDF