Paul Malie is an experienced corporate attorney and trusted advisor.
Paul counsels clients of every size, from start-ups to companies with revenue greater than $2 billion, in all stages of commercial transactions involving both domestic and international elements. He advises owners, prime contractors, and subcontractors in matters covering various industries, including manufacturing, utilities, and railroads on issues from development to sourcing, testing, manufacturing, supplying, and commercialization.
Paul also serves as outside general counsel to many middle-market companies. In his robust transactional practice, he represents companies, private equity firms, and lenders in acquisitions, divestitures, lending, and finance transactions. He also is experienced in structuring and negotiating complex joint ventures.
Paul works with clients in a variety of industries, including construction, manufacturing, banking, health care, information technologies, professional services, distribution, and logistics. He also has extensive experience drafting and negotiating domestic and international contracts for clients in the cosmetic, skin care, hair care, and dietary supplement industries, including material sourcing, manufacturing, quality control, testing, and commercialization agreements.
With a passion for providing value, Paul draws on his finance and business background to create practical and effective solutions tailored to clients’ needs.
Paul and his wife Nikki live in Aurora, Ohio, with their two children. In his free time, Paul enjoys spending time with his family, attending his daughter’s singing and acting performances, and watching his son play sports.
- Cleveland State University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2007); Cleveland State Law Review, Managing Editor
- Case Western Reserve University (B.A., 1998)
- State Admissions
- Ohio, 2007
- Federal Admissions
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Service Areas
- Commercial Finance
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Middle Market
- Public & Structured Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Opportunity Zones
- Venture Capital
- Private Equity
- Health & Life Sciences
- Corporate Law
- Food, Cosmetics & Dietary Supplements
- Commercial Contracts
- “The Legality of CBD: Separating Fact from Fiction,” 2019 In-House Counsel Summit, Tucker Ellis LLP, Cleveland, Ohio (November 2019)
- “The Business Side of CBD: Contracts, Liabilities and More,” California Society of Cosmetic Chemists, Malibu, California (May 2019)
- “Blockchain: Changing the Game and Going Beyond Cryptocurrency,” 2018 In-House Counsel Summit, Tucker Ellis LLP, Cleveland, Ohio (October 2018)
- “Understanding and Dealing with Bank and Credit Card Data Breaches,” Practical Tips and Tools to Deal with Cybersecurity Challenges, Tucker Ellis LLP, Cleveland, Ohio (July 2016)
- “Loan Agreements,” Skoda Minotti CPE Summit, Cleveland, Ohio (October 2014)
- “Maximizing Your Business’s Potential: Legal Steps to Successful Business Succession Planning,” Corporate College, Cleveland, Ohio (May 2014)
- “Permanent Financing in Ohio for Commercial Real Estate,” Commercial Real Estate Law CLE, Ohio State Bar Association (August 2012)
- “Purchase Price Adjustments Warrant Scrutiny,” Crain’s Cleveland Business (January 2016)
- “The JOBS Act,” Client Alert (April 2012)
- BTI M&A Client Service All-Stars 2021
- Association for Corporate Growth
- LifeBanc, Board Committee Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association