Welcome to our Diversity & Inclusion section. Our goal is to weave diversity and inclusion into the fabric of our culture so that one day we will no longer need a Diversity & Inclusion committee. With that goal in mind, we established the following Mission Statement:
Tucker Ellis fosters a culture of inclusion, and within that culture we support diversity of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and belief systems. We actively encourage people to use the richness of diverse backgrounds to support our communities, our clients, our firm, and each other. We have taken, and will continue to take, specific actions to promote diversity and inclusion both within our firm and in the business and professional communities where we live and work.
To accomplish our mission, Tucker Ellis follows a dynamic set of objectives that change from time to time to meet the evolving needs of our firm:
- Encourage our firm leadership and partners to actively engage in activities that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Actively engage in activities to support the recruitment and retention of a diverse group of attorneys.
- Offer professional development programming for our women lawyers provided by and through our Women’s Initiative.
- Offer meaningful resources and practical ways to balance a rigorous legal career and personal life.
- Encourage economically disadvantaged and minority students to pursue careers in the legal profession by and through our Pipeline Programs.
- Encourage our attorneys to participate in leadership roles in diverse organizations throughout the entire legal community.
We recognize that developing and maintaining an inclusive workplace requires a commitment of time and energy. That is why a significant number of our attorneys and staff are actively engaged in one or more of our diversity and inclusion initiatives. We measure ourselves not just by what we say, but by what we do. Please visit this entire section and know that diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our business and our culture.
With every kind wish,
Sanford E. Watson, Chair